Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Itch to Learn

Okay, so it's been almost a week since I wrote a post here. Where have I been? Why haven't I written? Frankly, it's not really any of your darn business, but it's mostly because I'm a lazy oaf. I've been busy with work, the motorcycle, and lots and lots of unadulterated, self-indulgent laziness. Regardless...

The last 59 months have officially been longest stretch of my life away from an educational facility. Be it college, high school, or kindergarten, I've never been so far removed from schooling. Add that to the fact that my little brother just graduated from college, my little sister will be receiving her Master's degree in a short couple of weeks, and my mother is nearing completion of her Doctorate degree, and I'm starting to feel like the most uneducated moron to don the family name.

So what does this actually mean? It means that I've got the itch to do something educational. Likely, that'll mean my getting my MBA.

I'm fortunate in that TCFWIW will pay for a good portion of my schooling, if I so choose. They probably won't cover the entire bill, but anything is better than nothing. In fact, they'll even foot the bill up-front, which seems to be a bit of a rarity.

Also, time is something that is now available to me, for the most part. I've settled into my position at work a little better, so the hours are shorter, MLB's and my wedding is over and done with, and the household in general is pretty stablized.

It seems the stars are aligning for YFNN's higher education. I'll keep you informed.

YFNN

No comments: